The Department of Lifelong Education, Administration and Policy at the University of Georgia invites applications for a position as an Assistant Professor with expertise in Qualitative Research Methods to begin in August 2019.
The Qualitative Research program offers a PhD degree as well as an interdisciplinary certification program in qualitative research methods. Information about the department can be found at www.coe.uga.edu/leap.
- Candidate is expected to contribute to the development and delivery of coursework for on-campus courses, as well as a fully online version of the exiting Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary Qualitative
- Position requires teaching the equivalent of two grad-level course per
- Candidate will maintain an active research program, demonstrate effectiveness in teaching, and advising and mentor students in the Ph.D. degree in Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methodologies, as well as serve as methodologist on committees throughout the
- Candidate is expected to actively seek external
- Candidate is expected to participate in faculty governance and professional service.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or similar) at the time of employment with a specialization in Qualitative Methods or a closely related
- Strong record of scholarly research in an area relevant to the Qualitative Research
- Expertise and ability to teach qualitative research methods
- Ability to design and deliver online
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
Appointment will begin August 1, 2019.
Applicants should submit all of the following:
- a letter of interest that addresses qualifications in the area detailed above
- a complete resume or curriculum vitae
- copies of published research articles
- the names of three persons who could provide letters of reference Transcripts and letters of reference will be required only from
All materials should be uploaded electronically to:
Questions may be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Kathy Roulston at email@example.com .
Applications received by October 22, 2018 are assured of full consideration.
The University of Georgia (www.uga.edu) is a land grant/sea grant institution. Its main campus is located in Athens, Georgia, 75 miles northeast of Atlanta. Athens is known for its music, art, and food as well as its accessibility to the Atlanta area (see www.visitathensga.com and www.georgia.gov).
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not contact the department or search committee with such requests.